Thursday, February 21, 2013

Performance

For once I stayed in Berlin for the weekend, hung out with friends, and took a much needed break from traveling before I head off to Italy for ten days tomorrow. Not too much excitement took place this weekend, although I did attend the ballet Schwansee (Swan Lake) at the Berlin Oper (Berlin Opera House) last night. That was a truly incredible experience of culture and beauty--I had never seen a professional ballet, and I was blown away by the incredible precision and control of the dancers. It was one of the most beautiful performances I have ever seen. We were in the nosebleed seats, but we could still see fine.


Last week I attempted to encompass the absolute craziness that was going on at Pariserplatz by the Brandenburger Tor in a single photo. It really can't be done, so I thought I would share this video with you so you can see what I mean. (click on "youtube" at the bottom right of the video to make it larger)



Sorry for such a short post, but I promise to return in 10 days time with a post chocked full of my adventures in Rome, Florence, and Venice.

Bis später!

No comments:

Post a Comment